Thursday, January 21, 2010

GET ANGRY!

Recommended if: Your teacher has told you that you aren't getting angry enough in your acting.

Activity: Repeatedly punch yourself in the face. If you don't keep punching yourself in the face your brother might die because he's contracted a disease that means you have to continually punch yourself in the face. And you have contracted a disease that makes your right hand hate your face. So punch! PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH! GET ANGRIER AT YOUR RIGHT HAND! PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH!

But remember to keep repeating what your scene partner is saying.

Tip: This one only works if you punch yourself in the face with extreme commitment. You have to believe that you have a right hand disease. Other wise you might just get insanely angry. I recommend watching the hit movie Idol Hands with Seth Greene before hand. For inspiration.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Dru,

    I just enrolled in a Meisner acting school and have now reached the independent activities. I have never done anything so difficult on my own terms. I was wondering if you were going to still continue this series or if you have any other ideas for activities. I would love your help or ideas. I didn't know how else to reach you other than leaving a comment which I hope reaches you. I hope to hear from you soon and thanks again!
    -k.boyd

    ReplyDelete